Mission of Lithuanian Innovation Centre is provision of the innovation support services by implementing Lithuanian innovation policy.
The main strategic goal of LIC is the increasing of Lithuanian international competitiveness by stimulating innovations in business. This goal is divided into the following objectives:
- To foster capabilities of the companies to develop and implement innovations.
- To accelerate commercialization of achievements of advanced sciences.
- To decrease the risk of innovation implementation.
LIC services and activities:
- coordinates Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) in Lithuania. The Network helps enterprises, research institutes, universities, technology centres and innovation agencies in procuring or marketing technologies and identifying partners for technological cooperation in Europe http://paramaverslui.eu/;
- provides consultancy services regarding the absorption of the resources of EU Structural Funds in developing and implementing innovation, research and development projects.
- participates in and implements various European research and development projects;
- contributes to the development of innovation, smart specialization, R&D&I strategies;
- administrates web portal to promote innovations http://inovacijos.lt/.
- organises annual contest ‘Innovation Award’ in Lithuania. The aim of the contest is to foster the entrepreneurial thinking, technological development and to provide a possibility for enterprises to self-assess their competitiveness and innovativeness http://lic.lt/en/inovaciju-prizas/;
- monitors company’s innovativeness “Innov‘check”. Methodology is based on SWOT analysis of innovation processes in the company;
- publishes recommendations, studies and articles on various topics concerning innovation.